NAMI Lehigh Valley relies on volunteers to help our organization reach out to help those whose lives are affected by mental illness.
Here are just some of the many volunteer opportunities that are available.
- Office help: making copies, preparing mailings, folding brochures
Publications: writing or recommending an article for the newsletter; planning and helping design the newsletter
- Fundraising: helping plan events; taking advertisements/brochures to local businesses; soliciting gift certificates and donations
- Public awareness: representing NAMI at public events such as health fairs, Harvest Full of Hope, and other local mental health events
- Leadership: leading a support group or teaching an education course–free training is provided for interested volunteers
- Stamping out stigma: telling your story of recovery to local groups as part of our In Our Own Voice program—free training is provided
- Website: revising information, preparing new pages
- Building and grounds care: from weeding to building repair and property improvement
If you can help with any of these tasks, fill out the on-line form below, call the office at 610-882-2102, or e-mail us at email@example.com.